Fall Colors in the Sierra - Anyone interested?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
wingding

Fall Colors in the Sierra - Anyone interested?

Post by wingding »

Is anyone interested in a group car camping trip to check out the fall colors in the Sierra the last weekend in September or maybe the 1st weekend in October?

It would be nice to get some high sierra topix people together at such a beautiful time of the year.
ifernau
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by ifernau »

I already made my reservations in a motel in Bishop for 9/23 to 9/25 as well as for 9 days starting 9/30 thru 10/8.
I would not mind meeting some of you somewhere around there.
Inge
Capture the Scene of the Light

Unless you’re prepared to expect the unexpected, you’re likely to miss capturing nature’s finest moments.(Galen Rowell)
http://ifernau.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifernau/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
krudler
Founding Member

Post by krudler »

I would LOVE to do that, but that's when I'm going to Tehipite Valley (finally, Buck! :) ).
You guys have a good time - I know we'll see some fantastic pics as a result! :nod:
"Krusty, you know Bette Midler?"
"Yeah we own a racehorse together - the Krudler!"
Windwalker
Founding Member

Post by Windwalker »

Would love to do that Kathy!
Not sure about late Sept. though, I'll be just getting back from the Canadian Rockies. :unibrow:
wingding

Post by wingding »

It is so hard to predict when the colors will be at their peak.
Randonnee
Founding Member

Post by Randonnee »

So far most things I have wanted to this year my employer has interfeared with, so I am afraid to say yes. Keep us posted as the colors start to develop maybe I can sneek in at the last minute.

Also, it is a great idea Kathy!
"The distinguishing mark of true adventures, is that it is often no fun at all while they are actually happening." ? Kim Stanley Robinson
Trailtrekker06
Topix Regular

Post by Trailtrekker06 »

Sounds great, Kathy. Keep me in the loop, please.
wingding

Post by wingding »

It looks like I'm going to plan on the weekend of September 29, 30, & Oct 1 a fall colors trip. I have a class the following weekend and I think it will be too late after that.

If anyone else can do it that weekend, let me know. I'm not going to worry about campground reservations - the campgrounds are pretty empty that time of year if they are still open.
wingding

Post by wingding »

ifernau - that motel doesn't sound like a bad idea - it can get pretty cold at night that time of year.
Timberline
Topix Regular

Post by Timberline »

Kathy, what a great idea! I would love to participate, but won't be able to commit for a coupla weeks, so would you keep me on your list as a possible. It would be fun to meet others in the network and share this special time in the Sierra. Thanks.
Let 'er Buck! Back in Oregon again!