My Miter Basin Backpacking trip & Arc Pass Hike

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

My Miter Basin Backpacking trip & Arc Pass Hike

Post by madeintahoe »

I returned last Friday from a wonderful 5 day backpacking trip into the Miter Basin! This was my second time to this area. It is very beautiful back in there. We had perfect weather, warm days & cool nights.

We day hiked up to Arc Pass on our one layover which to me was the highlight of my trip!
I had hoped to get to a few peaks in the area, but that did not happen this time :(

On our second day hiking in, we meant two wonderful ladies, one was the wife that lost her husband and son last year at Sandy Meadows with the Boy Scoot Troop to a lightening storm. They were hiking out & just had a 1 year memorial service back at Sandy Meadows in the honor of all of them. It was pretty emotional for us all listening, we all gave her a hug and had some tears that day. I do not have Children, but I can't even imagine what she has gone through, my friend Gay lost her son, so she could really relate. What a strong brave women she is to be out there in the honor of them all.

Drove back to Tahoe in a pretty bad storm..we were very lucky with the weather on this trip

I added a link to my pictures of my trip if anyone is interested, hope I get the link on here okay http://community.webshots.com/album/552924585VcxwOA
ifernau
Topix Regular

Post by ifernau »

Your photos tell a beautiful story. Thank you for posting.
Inge
Capture the Scene of the Light

Unless you’re prepared to expect the unexpected, you’re likely to miss capturing nature’s finest moments.(Galen Rowell)
http://ifernau.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifernau/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Buck Forester
Founding Member

Post by Buck Forester »

Mmm mmmm! Those are some sweet images! It's one of my favorite places. I'm headed to Miter Basin next week for a few days, then hiking out and heading to Lake Reflection, and then depending on how much time I have, hiking back out and then back in over Bishop Pass to Dusy Basin. But Miter is my first stop!
madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

Thank you both so much Inge & Buck...A huge compliment coming from you two! Being a hugh fan of your beautiful photos you share. :)

Buck your trip sounds really nice, I really love how Rock Creek flows through the Miter Basin and all those thick spongy green meadows all over, then the granite slabs mixed in between, with high mountain peaks and beautiful trees scattered about, sounds like a perfect High Sierra setting. :D
Have a great time out there....Lake Reflection looks beautiful

Thank you both again :)
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Beutiful pictures madeintahoe! That is one beautiful basin. Looks like a great time, thanks for sharing.