Shuttle/hitch from Bishop to South Lake

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
survey2700
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Shuttle/hitch from Bishop to South Lake

Post by survey2700 »

My partner and I will be arriving in Bishop later on Tuesday, Sept 11 and looking to hitch or snag a shuttle out to South Lake either late on Tues, or more probably, early on Weds, Sept 12 to begin a backpack trip. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Shuttle/hitch from Bishop to South Lake

Post by maverick »

Hi Survey2700,

Welcome to HST! Start up the road to South Lake, have a sign with "South Lake" written
on it, and as Markskor mention in another thread replace the "S" with a $ sign, and
offer a few dollars for the ride.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
survey2700
Topix Novice

Post by survey2700 »

Thanks Maverick. Will there be enuf traffic going out there that we should be able to get a ride? We are kinda pressed for time and are afraid to waste too much time hitching if there is not a reasonable chance of getting a ride. Are there any people in town that provide some sort of shuttle service for a reasonable cost?
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Depends on what you consider reasonable, but here is one of a few shuttle
services: http://www.mtwhitneyshuttle.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you are really pressed for time then it may be well worth it too you.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
survey2700
Topix Novice

Post by survey2700 »

Anyone else have any luck hitching from Bishop to South Lake or know of any local Bishop shuttles for Tues eve, Sept 11 or Weds morn Sept 12 ?? Any insights or contacts would be appreciated......