ICON ALERT: Sunset at Glacier Point

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
Hikin Mike
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

ICON ALERT: Sunset at Glacier Point

Post by Hikin Mike »

I had an opportunity to meet a local photographer and spend the whole day shooting and talking. I wanted to stick around town, but unfortunately we couldn’t come to an agreement, so I reluctantly (seriously) suggested Yosemite. I said reluctantly because I new it was going to be 200 degrees up there, the falls are dry and the forecast wasn’t predicting any clouds. We went anyway.

Got there around 10:30 or so and spent the afternoon in the valley and I’ll post some of those images later in the week.

We were pleasantly surprised that we had some nice clouds when we got there around 7pm. I quickly grabbed a spot and “camped out” for sunset.

So I guess the weatherman was wrong...

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: ICON ALERT: Sunset at Glacier Point

Post by maverick »

Hi Mike,

Always a pleasant surprise to finding something contrary to the forecasted weather.
Beautiful capture of HD, CR, and colorful clouds.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Mradford
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: ICON ALERT: Sunset at Glacier Point

Post by Mradford »

Mike. This photo is stunning. The clouds, the colors, amazing!