Afternoon shuttle from Yose Valley to Tuolumne?

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Afternoon shuttle from Yose Valley to Tuolumne?

Post by overheadx2 »

I am planning a hike from Toulumne to Yose Valley in a few weeks. 5 of us will be headed up wed., and camping in the valley overnight and then getting the backpackers shuttle in the AM. Since we have the time to get to yose by early wed. afternoon, I am trying to figure out a way to get to toulumne in the afternoon so that we can get hiking early thurs. and not do the drive in the AM. I'm not to concerned with cost (within reason). Any thoughts.
jfelectron
Topix Acquainted

Re: Afternoon shuttle from Yose Valley to Tuolumne?

Post by jfelectron »

Does YARTS not fit your time table? I have never done Valley to TM, only TM to Mammoth so I'm not sure it fits your needs.

http://www.yarts.com/schedule/2012/2012 ... 202012.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
overheadx2
Topix Expert

Post by overheadx2 »

No, it's kind of strange that there is no afternoon bus. There is only one bus from the valley to Tuolumne and it leaves the valley at 8 AM and gets to Tuolumne around 10:30. After getting permits and getting started, I wouldn't be on the trail til 12:00. I assumed that there would be a shuttle from the Valley to Toulumne in the afternoon so visiters staying in Tuolumne could spend the day in the valley and return later. I even spoke with the park, and was told that there are no afternoon buses. I would much rather get there in the afternoon on wed. and get my permit so that i could leave early thurs.
whiteout
Topix Novice

Post by whiteout »

That's the tour bus. It costs and obviously takes time. Click on the YARTS link supplied by another above. "Public transit" but looks different than the system that cycles through the Valley (Nat Park?) A YARTS bus leaves the valley for TM around 5pm. Please don't tell me I'm wrong after all the online looking I did. Well, don't tell my companions, anyway....
Last edited by whiteout on Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

The YARTS bus will put you in Tuolumne Meadow at 6:50 pm (dept from YV at 5 pm) at
$10 per head.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
overheadx2
Topix Expert

Post by overheadx2 »

Nice, thanks everyone. You are right. I feel a little stupid for not seeing that. I was looking though the park transportation site not realizing YART was different. I appreciate every ones help.