HST Members Please Contribute Your Backcountry Knowledge!

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
SandStorm
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: HST Members Please Contribute Your Backcountry Knowledge!

Post by SandStorm »

I'm among those who missed the original announcement. This is a fantastic idea. Thanks for the heads up. I also don't have many photos, but I'll see what I can do to help out this summer. :nod:
TehipiteTom
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by TehipiteTom »

rlown wrote:nice.. i'll give you my throw down cam.. You can still post w/o pics and describe the crossing. That's good enough, as long as you point it out on the HST map. others might add pics.
I did, and I got an admonitory PM from an admin. So, apparently not.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

TT wrote:
I did, and I got an admonitory PM from an admin. So, apparently not.
Admonitory = warning
There was no such PM from Admin. It read "Hi Tom, Did you forget to load up the
pictures? :D ".
Since you had loaded up pictures on your previous post in this section (Mungoat Pass)
was thinking you may have accidentally forgotten too this time. This was in no
way a warning, and do not understand why it was taken that way.
Just want to clarify this so members do not think we are strong arming anyone
into following the rules.
Copeg has put in a lot of his valuable time setting this section up and we would not want
members to be reluctant in contributing because of inaccurate comments like this one.
Please continue to post your knowledge even if you do not have photo's available.
Thank You
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Post by copeg »

Please note that any submission is welcome and applauded - photos are not required. There are many of use who have traveled passes and never took one photo, and many of use with photos of passes they have never crossed. It's hoped this new section will make the best of both worlds, and thanks to you all who have made submissions up to this point!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Bump
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org