Marmot Harassment

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Marmot Harassment

Post by maverick »

Well start up them fires Rlown will be cooking up some vittles tonight in dem dar hills!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohUYZB0ZCM8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :lol:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
walkdawg
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by walkdawg »

Once at Alta Meadow in SNP I was sitting on a rock resting my tired dogs. I took my boots, socks and gators off to let my feet cool down. Something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. I turned and a Marmot was sitting right next to me like we were bff's gnawing away at my gator. I could have patted him on the head. That was a bold Marmot.
quentinc
Topix Expert

Post by quentinc »

maverick wrote:Well start up them fires Rlown will be cooking up some vittles tonight in dem dar hills!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohUYZB0ZCM8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :lol:
They need to turn that into a rap song. I know Irene Ryan is now longer with us, but she could record her raps posthumously just like Tupac and Biggie.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

walkdawg wrote:Once at Alta Meadow in SNP I was sitting on a rock resting my tired dogs. I took my boots, socks and gators off to let my feet cool down. Something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. I turned and a Marmot was sitting right next to me like we were bff's gnawing away at my gator. I could have patted him on the head. That was a bold Marmot.
you should have patted him on the head.. and then spanked him for chewing on your gator.
Ozark Flip
Topix Regular

Post by Ozark Flip »

Squirrel is quite good if you know what you are doing. Being an Ozark hillbilly, I can say with a high level of experience that there is far better road kill than Marmot. I wouldn’t even compare Marmot to a squirrel; Marmot is technically a “Sierra Ground Hog”. So, you should reference ground hog recipes instead. ;)

Woodpecker is a delicacy! Yes, believe it. :thumbsup:
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

You know i used to love marmots and had never had a problem but this trip is different. They already nearly destroyed one of my new water shoes on day one. Then put a small hole in my pack. They put a whole in my water filter bag. Chewwd on my trekking pole handles. Put a whole on my pot sack and chewed up my lid handle. They tried to damage my camera pouch, my gps, my solar charger and wires. Oh yeah and they tried to chew into my 500 dollar tent. Does that cover it all? Probably not !

Any more and i will be eating marmot for dinner!
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Rogue

Had almost everything you described happen to me at one time or another but all at one time. LOL!
If it had been me I think I would have ........................

mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

you're all mine

........:littledevil: