TR: Miter Basin 6/6-6/10

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
BuckSnort
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: Miter Basin 6/6-6/10

Post by BuckSnort »

rw, you are right this thing (10D) is pretty outdated as far as the newer SLR's go... Sure would like to upgrade to a newer model..Not just for better pics and function but to save weight as well.. With the 2-135mm lense I use it comes in at 4.5lbs...
FeetFirst
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by FeetFirst »

Thank you for sharing. I really need to make a trip down there soon.
I'm still rather convinced that you can achieve more than you've ever dreamed of if you just lower your standards.
sparky
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by sparky »

The pictures are fantastic! I especially like the one of the reflection of sunrise in cottonwood lakes. Miter basin is a very fun hike.
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by SSSdave »

Nice composition of an uncomplicated mirror reflection of pines on the granite face. And that golden no doubt had the dazzling red flesh. The June 9 meadow image shows why I never go into 10k+ areas in June. Even after snow melts, grasses take time to green up and then further week or three later wildflowers.

This coming Friday evening we will night hike into a volcanic geology area near Ebbetts Pass at 8.8k that is probably greening up nicely by now instead of the more normal mid July. Will be gauging what effect the unusual winter precipitation pattern and low snow pack will have on Sierra vegetation this summer. Same area last year late July about 9k that this year won't be able to hold a candle to:

http://www.davidsenesac.com/Gallery_B/11-K3-1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A shake out the cob webs weekend backpack prepping for our late July 9-day into Minnow Creek.