Peak suggestions for the JMT and Center Basin area?

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
Rosabella
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: Peak suggestions for the JMT and Center Basin area?

Post by Rosabella »

:) I'm wishing I had more time... the reports and pictures I've seen of Bench Lake are beautiful, I just don't think I'm going to be able to fit it in this time. I'm meeting a friend at Charlotte Lake on a set date to climb Mt. Bago. I have a little more flexibility from there on.

I'd really like to get Split Mountain in and I think it's workable in my schedule.

W.Daisy, have you climbed the ridge to the north of Arctic Lake? It looks like it should have a nice view of the Wallace and Wales Lakes area; the contour lines look tight, but not necessarily unmanageable. Just wondered....
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Post by giantbrookie »

I would second the recommendation of Split Mtn. and University. I too like Arrow although it is not quite as direct from the trail. One of the more accessible Evolution Basin area peaks, such as Black Giant, might not be a bad call, either.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KathyW
Founding Member

Post by KathyW »

If you're going to explore Wrights or Wallace Lakes, you might want to consider Mount Barnard.