Instaflators for 1$ at Leslie's Pool supplies

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
DAVELA
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Instaflators for 1$ at Leslie's Pool supplies

Post by DAVELA »

A heads up...

these are the gizmos that fill up your sleeping pad. Leslie's Pool supplies in LA has them on clearance for 1$.
http://www.suwa.org/protect-greater-canyonlands" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Instaflators for 1$ at Leslie's Pool supplies

Post by rlown »

extra weight. use your lungs.. that's what they're for. It's 25 puffs for a full length neo-air.
freestone
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by freestone »

The Schnozzel. http://www.rei.com/product/829645/exped ... el-pumpbag" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These aren't a buck, but if you have an Exped UL pad, this is good. Can double as a waterbag, pillow, or pack liner for a rainy day. The concept is to keep condensation from your lungs out of the pad. 25 breaths into a pad at 11000 feet can leave some of us old folks feeling rather giddy! The new Exped UL Downmat comes with one.
Short cuts make long delays. JRR Tolkien
Nacci
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by Nacci »

An Instaflator for the FlytePacker Raft works great! There is no way I'd want to puff that thing up. And as long as we're carrying the Instaflator for the raft, I'll use it on my Big Agnes pad.