Patagonia in April

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
Guy Cooper
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Patagonia in April

Post by Guy Cooper »

Hi Everyone,

I am planning a trip to Patagonia for April/May and was wondering if folks here know if trekking in Los Glaciares and Torres Del Paine is still doable this time of year?

Also, does anyone know about the projected weather this winter re la nina etc? If they get a winter anything like ours I should be good to go!

Thank a lot for any advice regarding backpacking in Patagonia this April/May. Any advice on more off the beaten path stuff would also be great.

Thanks!
Guy Cooper
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Re: Patagonia in April

Post by Guy Cooper »

Well, I'm gonna be heading down there in 7 days and counting! I thought you folks would be full of valuable insight, but I guess I'll have to come back and share my experience with everyone, but by then you'll all be up in the High Sierra! I'll be back just in time. Ciao!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Patagonia in April

Post by maverick »

Hi Guy

Looking forward to seeing your pictures, and TR of Torres Del Paine! I hope that the
fires in the park did not damage the park to badly, though it doesn't sound good.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-16369649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org