95 Days in the Sierra

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
whrdafamI?
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: 95 Days in the Sierra

Post by whrdafamI? »

Electra wrote:Great Reports Rogue, thank you. I am sure I am not alone (at least for the guys) in saying that a shot of the gals in underwear would have added some 'color' to the report! :)
I got to agree with this assessment! After hearing about them a few times a pic would have been righteous. Being able to do such a long trip is really a good reason to go on living. Mind boggling trip Rogue! Fun to read and beautiful pics!
Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it!

Get busy living or get busy dying.
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by RoguePhotonic »

I am sure I am not alone (at least for the guys) in saying that a shot of the gals in underwear would have added some 'color' to the report!
Lol I thought about taking their photo since they took mine but I didn't. They were cute though. :)
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Rogue

I'm sure our imaginations are better than a pic of the 3. But maybe that is just because I'm a dirty old man! Some of us are old enough to remember when topless was not that unusual.

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

Hi Rouge, how you doing? It's nice to read your stuff again.

Two times I (we) went to 10232 and had the time and opportunity to hike down Goddard Creek. Fortunately we talked to someone who had hiked down it and reported what you did so did not subject ourselves to this "torture". You knew what we knew! The word masochistic comes to mind.

Again, it's nice to read your stuff -- truly a pleasure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

Lol maybe that is true. Rick Sanger honestly asked why I wanted to do that and who knows. I really just like exploring more then anything else. I want to see these places so few see and more importantly to document them with decent photos and descriptions. Too often I search for places in the Sierra only to find little to no information or some really old and poor photos.

I may have been the first person to cross that rock fall in Goddard Creek which surely will be a part of most peoples journey through there.
Pulpit
Topix Acquainted

Post by Pulpit »

I really enjoyed your Trip Report, Rogue. Thank you for taking the time to post it!! Hope you make it back out there this year!
sparky
Topix Fanatic

Post by sparky »

Rogue youre killing me!!
lostcoyote
Topix Regular

Post by lostcoyote »

hi rogue,
sorry to hear that your trip into tehipite was so misreable.

i did this 2 years ago and had the bugs but very few mosquitos.
did you get a chance to find the petroglyph panel?

i also discovered that each time i stopped to rest, the bugs would stop targeting me. they obviously like moving targets. and like you, they went for my eyes. i felt as if my hand was acting more like a windsheild wiper all the time.

just to compare pictures, here's some stuff i shot at lake 10232, ionian, and tehipite..
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5514&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

p.s. i agree with your setiment about lake 10232 (formetly 10212).... it is indeed heaven. i especially like the meadows directly below the lake...especially when they turn gold in late season.
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

It's all good in the end. Sometimes you may not be happy out there or even miserable but when you look back on that misery you end up remembering with a smile. It's like Goddard Creek. As miserable as that was I may be going back this year for more. Who does that? :retard:
i did this 2 years ago and had the bugs but very few mosquitos.
did you get a chance to find the petroglyph panel?
Nope, I knew there are petroglyphs there but I didn't know where since most people don't like to reveal that sort of thing. I didn't see much of anything while there.
i also discovered that each time i stopped to rest, the bugs would stop targeting me.
This was sort of true. If you went out into the open they would leave altogether but if you just sat while in the trees they would land on my body where I didn't care.

I need to look through the photos later since work is calling.
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

While sitting in a Doctor's waiting room today my wife pointed out an article that noted that zebra stripes had the function of keeping flys at bay! Humm, I wonder if that works on African flys only or whether there is potential for new repellant (in more ways than one), non toxic clothing?

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!