JMT Resupply (TNC)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Allyn
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

JMT Resupply (TNC)

Post by Allyn »

My brother and I will be heading out of Whitney on the JMT at the end of July and finishing up in Yosemite in the middle of August. We are looking for vounteers to hike in resupply caches of beer (case or more). Preferrably cold beers by the time it hits us on the trail but would be willing to take some luke warm ones if need be! Unfortunately we will not be able to reimburse these volunteers for their efforts or the cost of the beer, but would be willing to share some of the beer you bring in. Ideally we would be looking for 6 to 10 volunteers (separate resupply) along the way!! :D :D

Interested parties please reply here!
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by markskor »

Let me get this straight...
You want non-paid volunteers to hike miles in, carrying cases of beer...which you are not willing to pay for, but are more than willing to share...for free???? What a guy!
How about you hike in carrying mucho dollars which I will be equally as glad to take off your hands...no charge...and then, maybe I will even give you back a few bucks...I can be equally as generous.

What am I missing here?
Mountainman who swims with trout
Allyn
Topix Acquainted

Post by Allyn »

Was meant as tongue in cheek (hench the tnc in the title). Not to be taken seriously. However, if you are ever up in the high country and I do have a beer you are welcome to some. Money on the other hand may be more of a problem.
Shawn
Topix Fanatic

Post by Shawn »

TNC aside, please send me all of the beer you will be needing and I'll be sure to get it to you :D
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

Me too...ME TOO! :unibrow:
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

Wow!! ....I was waiting to see if it worked and then maybe I'd try it! Sounds like a pretty good idea to me :D But make mine dark... none of that watered-down stuff for me ;)
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

Allyn - when do you and your brother start your hike? I know you said that you're traveling south-to-north, how long are you planning to take? I'm just wondering about where we might cross paths so I can be watching for you. I'll be the one in black with white trim, and a pink jacket and hat. But from the reports that I've heard lately, I'll probably be wearing my navy blue poncho :\ . Oh well, I'm from Washington - I can deal with it.

(and no...I'm not bringing beer for you :D )
Allyn
Topix Acquainted

Post by Allyn »

Rosie, my brother Mike and I will be leaving from Whitney Portal on the 26th (day after tomorrow!) and will plan on doing the hike in 16 days. That puts us at our real resupply of Muir Trail on Thursday 8/3 with Red's Meados somewhere on the 7th (breakfast time) and then into the Valley on the 10th. I think we will probably cross paths near Red's Meadows? We will be the two distinguished grey beard guys that look pretty beat up by then! :D

Mike's got a black checkered Go-Lite Gust pack and I have a blue Go-Lite Speed. Look forward to seeing you out there and have fun! Also pretty disappointed about the beer!

Allyn