Ranger Station Lottery (fiction)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Ranger Station Lottery (fiction)

Post by RoguePhotonic »

When I ate dinner with Cindy and her son last year she didn't warn me that I might die from the fridge lol.

I'd have to take Bench Lake. You have the lake itself, Lake Majorie, Upper Basin, Lakes Basin, Marion Lake, White Fork drainage area. All just too good.
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

Volcanic Lakes RS because I've never been there or anywhere N. of there to Blue Canyon. It would allow me to see the only area I consider super worthwhile to which I never went. In a perfect (or nearly perfect) world I'll visit this area and to the lake near Grey's pass this summer. I'm 68 and takes LOTS of meds therefore for me this is probably just a fantasy (because of my physical state). It's a super long-shot, but who knows? I realize this was not one of the choices listed, but that doesn't change my answer.
tomba
Topix Regular

Post by tomba »

gdurkee wrote:When we designed a porch onto Rae, we were worried that people would end up camping on it! Great photo and confirmation. Glad it wasn't there after the end of a long ranger patrol... .
The station was closed for the season. We were trying to find a flat spot free of snow at the end of the day. We found a spot near the station. But as we sat on the porch, we found it quite warmer, so we set up the tent there instead. I think I understand the concern. We were careful to leave no trace.
-- Found trash? Please pack it out. Thank you.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by oldranger »

The refrigerator at RR is much larger than the one I had--one of several "improvements" since my days there. I always slept with the windows in the bedroom wide open. That way I could hear the wind blowing in the trees and the sound of the river.

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
rscofield
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by rscofield »

Just put me back at Park Ridge and I'd be stress free!
East Side Hiker
Topix Regular

Post by East Side Hiker »

I would choose McClure Mdw.
East Side Hiker
Topix Regular

Post by East Side Hiker »

Oh, and why, because I like the Evolution Valley area the most of all the Sierra areas - off trail and x-country.