Haunted Hikes and Camps

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
hikerchick395
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Haunted Hikes and Camps

Post by hikerchick395 »

I don't think that I've experienced anything that would qualify as haunted, but as for weird noises, for a few years, my husband and I would be sleeping in the high country and could hear mechanical humming through the ground. Our only explanation would be noise traveling from the Pine Creek Mine. I'll have to check my journal for the years and locations.
Ikan Mas
Topix Regular

Post by Ikan Mas »

When I was in high school in Southern Oregon, I was seeing a young lass with long standing roots on the Klamath River. Her mother was Upriver (Karok) and her father was Downriver (Yurok). She told me about the little people, about 3 inches high. Apparently her mother stayed in a trailer somewhere in the area and the trailer was set across the little people's trail. At night the little people would run down the mountain in a long line and under the trailer, continuing on their way to the river.
limpy
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by limpy »

I have a lewis Stringer story.
dave54
Founding Member

Post by dave54 »

Many stories of the Honawewe in the Honey Lake Valley down to the Minden area. I know of a couple of lavatubes in the Lassen area with strange stories surrounding them, and a man/bear/coyote shape shifter in the Lassen Peak area has been spotted by reliable people, including agency personnel. The Piute elders supposedly have many more stories, including underworld portals, but I cannot get them to reveal the stories and locations to a non tribal member. They take the stories seriously and as historical fact, not old legends.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Wow. All I can muster. Prove it that it/they exist anyone.. People seem to need the belief thing, but not me.. Evidence. A pic would be great. DNA would be better. The stag was the closest to reality, but I don't think we have stags; we have deer.

I have seen Man/Bear/PIg but only on 'South Park.'
balzaccom
Topix Addict

Post by balzaccom »

Spooky Meadow, above Rush Creek in the Ansel Adams Wilderness? There are stories about it--which at least explain why it is named Spooky Meadow.

We've hiked by it in the early morning, and noticed nothing unusual
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-R ... 0984884963