What Photo Hosting Sites Do You Use??

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!

What photo hosting site do you use and/or recommend?

Flickr
23%
Photobucket
9%
Photo.net
No votes
PBase
2%
Picturetrail
No votes
Smugmug
18%
Webshots
9%
photosite.com
No votes
Picasa
5%
Facebook
11%
I host my own photos
16%
Other (please reply to thread)
7%

Total votes: 44

Oubliet
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: What Photo Hosting Sites Do You Use??

Post by Oubliet »

I've been using Snapfish.com for the past few years. I've experience no glitches with their software.

it's free, and unlimited images can be stored.

The only requirement is that you purchase at lest one print every year to keep your account active.
Jedi5150
Topix Novice

Post by Jedi5150 »

I use Smugmug. In the past I've used both Flikr and Photobucket. I like that Smugmug has no limit on picture size, and for $30 dollars a year you can get a membership and post a huge amount of photos. I used to have to hassle with resizing pictures before I uploaded them to a hosting site. Now the hassle is gone.
Sarvesh
Topix Newbie

Post by Sarvesh »

Oubliet wrote:I've been using Snapfish.com for the past few years. I've experience no glitches with their software.

it's free, and unlimited images can be stored.

The only requirement is that you purchase at lest one print every year to keep your account active.

I'm using snapfish at this time, just started with it...so we'll see how it goes. So far so good.
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by fishmonger »

I recently noticed changes on Google's photo hosting site. Picassa always looked rather crude, but their new implementation via the Google Plus thingie is rather slick. Still haven't spent enough time playing with it, but I have enjoyed going through galleries others posted and it just feels much more refined. I doubt I'll drop my self-hosted setup, but for some of my images this may be a decent solution.

example from the Alps

what I can't figure out so far is how to link to image larger than the thumbs outside those galleries, and that's a show stopper if there isn't an easy way.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

The obvious choice for this forum is missing on the poll. HST.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

rlown wrote:The obvious choice for this forum is missing on the poll. HST.
It's an old thread. :D
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Mradford
Topix Regular

Post by Mradford »

If you aren't using, or haven't heard of Instaproofs, you need to. Its free, they allow a certain amount of high rez, its extremely simple, and you can make good money. IMO they are by far the best site to host images. Now, if you are talking about hosting so that you can embed in websites then this isnt for you. But as far as having online galleries and selling prints, there is nothing better. Also, i believe they just announced that you have the option to forgo (spelling?) worrying about order fulfillment as they have teamed up witch richard photo lab to fulfill orders. Also, you can use them for invoices to give clients. Obviously i have a lot to say about them but see for yourself. It definitely fits my needs and may or may not fit yours. One last thing that is amazing is that if you use them solely as your invoice for business and print selling it automatically keeps track of you income. its basically like having quickbooks!

-Mike