From Yosemite Valley to Bishop Pass or further south

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
js hill
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

From Yosemite Valley to Bishop Pass or further south

Post by js hill »

My wife and I just retired and are planning to hike from South Lake (Bishop Pass) to Yosemite Valley on the JMT starting around July 18th 2012. If there is anybody out there planning on hiking the John Muir Trail starting from Yosemite Valley we would like to know if you would be open to the idea of letting us take your vehicle when we come out from Yosemite Valley to the trailhead that you will be exiting to. This would require you to either mail a set of car keys to us before our trip(s) begin or meet up somewhere on the JMT and give us a set of car keys. Also if there is someone out there that would be doing our trip in the opposite direction, I would be open to having you take our car to Yosemite Valley. If anyone has other suggestions or ideas please let me know. Thanks, js hill