Finding old photos - alpenglows

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Finding old photos - alpenglows

Post by copeg »

Since I've been dying but haven't been able to get into the sierra, I've been leafing through some old photos. These were from when I shot fuji velvia and they were quickly scanned on an epson 3200 flatbed - not the greatest color, sharpness, and resolution, but it does the job. Here are some alpenglows I scanned recently:

Alpenglow off Mt. Humphreys at Desolation Lake.

Lake immediately south of Glen Pass.

Sunrise of Mt. Whitney...
Hikin Mike
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Hikin Mike »

Great photos Trailblazer!!

I thought I was the only one dying to get out and resorting to leafing through old photos!
ifernau
Topix Regular

Post by ifernau »

Great photos,
I know what you mean, I am going next weekend for three days and I CAN'T WAIT :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
Inge
Capture the Scene of the Light

Unless you’re prepared to expect the unexpected, you’re likely to miss capturing nature’s finest moments.(Galen Rowell)
http://ifernau.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifernau/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

Well tblazr, I've been to two of those places but not closer to Whitney than above the trailhead. Nice memories, thanks.

I'll add to the old pic mix since I just scanned a couple old 35mm Kodachromes last night that I shot back in 1990. Friend and I are going to be up in bristlecone land for a day or two over the July 4 holiday. So I looked over slides from a half dozen trips to jog the old mind. Then crudely scanned these two and some others with my Epson 2450 flatbad. These two pic are atop a remote ridge in the White Mountains some miles from the road. Since we plan to shoot the unblocked sunrise light on these trees, we are going to need to do an overnight backpack to this spot. Likely sleep beneath one of these ancients.

madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

Those are so beautiful! I love the one especially of Desolation Lake, I have been there & also the lake below Glen Pass..I remember that lake very well.
Thank you for posting these

Beautiful pictures of the bristlecones, I love those trees :)
copeg
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Thanks everyone!
Dave, the glow off of those tree will be astounding! That area up by the bristlecones has such a unique character.