Supporting HST Photographers

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Supporting HST photographer members

Post by maverick »

I knew Greg would have some ideals, and Eric your 100 % right, security should be the #1
determining factor whether a photo gallery is feasible or not.
Hikin Mike
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: Supporting HST photographer members

Post by Hikin Mike »

maverick wrote:I knew Greg would have some ideals, and Eric your 100 % right, security should be the #1
determining factor whether a photo gallery is feasible or not.
:snipe:
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Re: Supporting HST Photographers

Post by maverick »

Bump
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

I'm not seeing the basic structural problem here. Everytime one of the photographers post here, they have a link to their collective works. That seems like promotion enough if you share a sample of your wares, and have the pointer.

The simple solution would be for all who want to post some of their stuff and their pointers pick an editor (eg, Maverick), lay the examples out on a simple post, order determined alphabetically or lottery, with pointers to your respective sites, and pin it to the topic area. I think you guys already do most of your marketing effectively via your informative posts and examples.

Is there something I'm missing?
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi Rlown

The post is almost 2 year old, and we have a lot of new members since then.
Also things haven't changed much here, otherwise would not need to bump.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

You bumped it. All about supporting you guys, but you already do that in your sig pointers and your posts when you share your photos.