getting from Lone Pine Yos. Valley in early October

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

getting from Lone Pine Yos. Valley in early October

Post by fishmonger »

Bus to Reno runs all year, I assume, so I am just probing if there's antyhing other than hitch hiking or $$$ private shuttle that runs through the park after the end of September.

What's the route like if I go south from Line Pine? I never seriously looked into public transport to get around the Sierra that way, but in October, that may be the way to do it, unless it's a multi-day ordeal.
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: getting from Lone Pine Yos. Valley in early October

Post by BSquared »

Interesting question. I've taken the CREST bus from Lone Pine down south a couple of times, once to Ridgecrest and once to Lancaster, and that worked fine (but check the schedule; it only runs every other day). However, both times I rented a car at the south end, once to get to LA and the other time to get to the SF Bay Area. I'm not at all sure how to get back up to Yosemite using public transportation, but it would be interesting to find out!
—B²