How to find hikers to ferry up the hill - Bishop to North La

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
funcrew
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

How to find hikers to ferry up the hill - Bishop to North La

Post by funcrew »

My son and I will be trying to score a permit at Lone Pine Saturday AM to leave from North Lake trailhead for Piute Pass. Are there usually thru-hikers needing a ride up the hill? I'd be glad to offer my spare seats @ Bishop to North Lake TH but have no idea how to connect with folks needing the ride. Any suggestions?
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: How to find hikers to ferry up the hill - Bishop to North La

Post by gary c. »

I think that most of the thru hikers exit and enter via Kearsarge and Reds Meadow but undoubtedly some hit Bishop. I think that most towns have favorite layover places that are common knowledge among the thru hikers. Ask at the RS when you pick up your permit and they can probably point in the right direction.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray