Digital Shooters...Are You a Chimper?

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
naturehut
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by naturehut »

Hi Windwalker,
I checked out your site too. Very beautiful images. I can't wait for my next shoot in the Sierras.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

naturehut wrote:Many professional photographers like me, who used to shoot film, are now shooting digital because there is no cost of film and processing and since the image is already in digital format, there is no scanning involved to get the images into the computer and on the internet. I shot film (35mm, medium format, and 4X5 format) for years. I now shoot with a professional digital SLR. It doen't mean that I am less of a photographer.
westernlightgallery.com
Welcome to the forum naturehut (and GREAT website too). You gave the exact reasons why I switched to digital. In fact, I gave up my SLR many years ago just because of the cost and time invested, but recently invested in a new digital SLR and am not regretting it.
naturehut
Topix Newbie

Post by naturehut »

Hi Trailblazer,

I switched to digital a couple of years ago. With the money I have saved from not having pay for film, processing, and scanning, the equipment has paid for itself.
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

Well, the above posts pretty much clears up something I've wondered about for a while... and that is whether all you great photographers posting on the forum here are using a digital or 35mm camara. Other than SteveB, it sounds pretty unanimously digital.
Windwalker
Founding Member

Post by Windwalker »

From Buck's posts...I'm pretty sure he still prefers film (Velvia)....even though he owns a nice Digital SLR.
SteveB
Founding Member

Post by SteveB »

Rosabella wrote:Other than SteveB, it sounds pretty unanimously digital.
Well, truth be told, I've recently picked up a digital SLR (Nikon D70s) rig since my last post in this thread and sold off my trusty ol' F4S with lenses. I still have my medium format rig, but film processing costs in the last few months have been getting noticeable. :( Kinda like when you start noticing how much it costs now to fill a tank compared to this time last year.