Paiute Pass?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
fish4gold
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Paiute Pass?

Post by fish4gold »

Just wondering if anybody has any info. on Paiute pass? Is there still much snow there? Any info would be helpful, as I am wondering about a 2 night trip in the area in a couple of weeks!
Silverfox
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Paiute Pass?

Post by Silverfox »

Went over Piute Pass on 7/13, the west side of the pass is patchy snow and melting out quickly. The east side has a little more snow near the top, but easily negotiable.
kpeter
Topix Fanatic

Re: Piute Pass?

Post by kpeter »

I'm leaving to do the North lake South lake loop beginning with Piute pass and will give a full report here when I return by August 5--which won't help if you leave before then but otherwise might be helpful. Numerous people have been over Piute without problems. My sole remaining concern on that trail is crossing West Pinnacles creek which two have mentioned as problematic. I'll let you know.
fish4gold
Topix Regular

Re: Piute Pass?

Post by fish4gold »

kpeter wrote:I'm leaving to do the North lake South lake loop beginning with Piute pass and will give a full report here when I return by August 5--which won't help if you leave before then but otherwise might be helpful. Numerous people have been over Piute without problems. My sole remaining concern on that trail is crossing West Pinnacles creek which two have mentioned as problematic. I'll let you know.
I look forward to the trail report! Thank you!!