Big Sur

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Big Sur

Post by copeg »

This last weekend I went to Big Sur for a few days. Short trip and very windy along the coastline, but beautiful weather. Camped in a very scenic spot up along Alms Ridge overlooking the coastline. Sunday hiked to the top of Cone Peak before making the stop and go drive home. Wildflowers were still blooming.

Big Sur Coastline

Had to steal Buck's composition of Mcway Cove (hope ya don't mind ;) honestly, I wasn't the only one)

Sunset from between Prewitt and Alms Ridge

View from Cone Peak Summit

More pics here
ifernau
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by ifernau »

Hi trailblazer,Buck also inspired me to go to the Big Sur Coast. Looking at your shots and what I got, I know I was there at the wrong time of day (7:00AM). Your images are beauties.
:lol:
Inge
Capture the Scene of the Light

Unless you’re prepared to expect the unexpected, you’re likely to miss capturing nature’s finest moments.(Galen Rowell)
http://ifernau.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifernau/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
copeg

Post by copeg »

ifernau wrote:Hi trailblazer,Buck also inspired me to go to the Big Sur Coast. Looking at your shots and what I got, I know I was there at the wrong time of day (7:00AM). Your images are beauties.
:lol:
Thank you Inge...I'd love to see some of the pics you got.
Buck Forester
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Buck Forester »

Fantastic images! Wow, I see lots of whitecaps out there in the ocean, you got some serious wind! Good timing on the flowers being calm enough to not blur! I got some compositions like yours too, a little wider angle than I posted previously that includes the skyline and more of the cove. Your images are great! The lighting can be tough when there's high angle direct sun on the scene and you worked with it well!
copeg

Post by copeg »

Thanks buck! It was indeed windy, been a while since I've experienced winds like that. Luckily up above where I camped it was very calm.