Parking outside Yosemite Entrance ?

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
intrek38
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Parking outside Yosemite Entrance ?

Post by intrek38 »

I'll be meeting up with some friends at Elery or Tioga Lake campground outside the east entrance to Yosemite this August. Were trying to avoid paying the $20 entrance fee twice and just hoping to park one of our cars outside the park for a week. Does anyone know if there is any parking allowed outside the gate or nearby? Thanks..
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent

Re: Parking outside Yosemite Entrance ?

Post by Wandering Daisy »

There is trailhead parking at Saddlebag Lake. The trailhead is on Hoover Wilderness. I do not recall that you need any pass that you would have to put on the windshield.
intrek38
Topix Acquainted

Re: Parking outside Yosemite Entrance ?

Post by intrek38 »

Thanks WD, will look into it. I was hopeing for a closer spot near Tioga but have yet to be able to contact Yosemete Rangers over this weekend. Thanks
I have 2 week long trips planned back to back.. Looking forward to it... Have a great summer...