BC permits and HSC reservation question.

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Vidalia
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

BC permits and HSC reservation question.

Post by Vidalia »

We haven't decided our approach to a hike in 2012 but may try obtaining reservations for one or more of the HSCs next year. (I have read all the suggestions to stay away from the HSCs from some)

My question is: If you obtain reservations for stay at one or more HSCs how does that effect the BC hiking permit required? Does the reservation confirmation allow you to obtain a BC hiking permit or do you also have to obtain that serarately in the usual way?
Vidalia
Topix Novice

Re: BC permits, NEVERMIND, I found the answer!

Post by Vidalia »

Sorry, I had missed the information I was looking for on the YNP site. The reservation is your Wilderness Permit and is all you need to have to enter the backcountry.

Thanks,

Vidalia
tim
Topix Expert

Re: BC permits and HSC reservation question.

Post by tim »

But note that if you want to spend one or more nights camping away from the HSC then you will need a separate wilderness permit.