Underwear

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Underwear

Post by markskor »

6 foot, ~235 pound male -
Unfortunately have heavy thighs that rub together... After a few miles develop thigh chafing syndrome - Glide helps but looking for longer wicking underwear (tighter boxer type) that come down 4 or 5 inches below the "boys", and that stay in place/ block the chafing.
Just got back from local REI and all they offer there are shorter boxer types...the kind that ride up after a few miles...uncomfortable. Seems that nobody makes a long wicking underwear anymore, at least that I can find.
Any help out there?
Mark
Mountainman who swims with trout
rlown
Topix Docent

Re: Underwear

Post by rlown »

Mark, there was this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5965" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There were some pointers to sierra trading post..
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by gary c. »

Mark,
I bought a pair of these and have liked them a lot. They list a 5.5" inseam but that is from the center of the crotch. The actual leg length is more like 3".
http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/pat ... 2460-1-992" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These would give you you length you are looking for but are not on sale.
http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/pat ... 2453-0-950" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by gary c. on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

This was suppose to be the second link posted above. These also do not have the same odor protection that the the others do.
http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/pat ... 2453-0-950" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
Shawn
Topix Fanatic

Post by Shawn »

Try'em, you'll never go back -

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hey Shawn, that thing does look like body armor! :lol:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Shawn
Topix Fanatic

Post by Shawn »

Serious business, nothings too good for our man markskor... :D

I think each pair comes with a can of WD40
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

that's gonna need some crisco..
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

It should repel baseball size hail that can sometimes occur at Hanging Basket! :evil:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Mark

I bought a pair of those UA shorts at the base exchange at the Coast Guard training center in Cape May NJ for an almost reasonable price. Otherwise it would take a great sale for me to buy them. The REI stuff works for me too as do the boxer briefs I bought at Sierra Trading Post. I suspect that Nike makes some to.

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!