California Odyssey part II, May 16-20

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
sparky
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: California Odyssey part II, May 16-20

Post by sparky »

Thanks for the pictures. I am hoping to be headed that way in a few weeks
Troutdog 59
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by Troutdog 59 »

Nice Part 2 Mike with some gorgeous pics. I have to admit that I have never been to Hetch Hetchy even though I live just south of Yosemite. :retard: Need to take the trek wife and check it out. Looks gorgeous!! You are indeed a discriminating angler if 15" fish dont warrant pics ;) . Thanks for the TR and hey, one brown is better than none at all. My granddad had saying about fishing, "you gotta go to get skunked."
Once in a while you can get shown the light
In the strangest places if you look at it right.

The Grateful Dead
TehipiteTom
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by TehipiteTom »

Tom

I love it when you talk dirty to me! Is there a common name for us common folk?

mike
Dudleya cymosa is also called Canyon Liveforever. Sedum is commonly called Stonecrop (which is a pretty good name for it, since it often grows right out of the rock).
gochicagobears!
Topix Acquainted

Post by gochicagobears! »

thanks for the post! doing this hike in about a week and would definitely be down with a nice brown or two!
have to say, never had any luck with the z-rays, though i know there are some devoted anglers here that swear by them. perhaps i'll give 'em another whirl on this upcoming trip...

thanks for sharing!

al
East Side Hiker
Topix Regular

Post by East Side Hiker »

Great pictures of Hetch Hetchy and the Dudleya. Makes me wish I'd gotten down to Tehipite Valley in May...
DoyleWDonehoo
Founding Member

Post by DoyleWDonehoo »

Anybody else that goes out to HH, post something to relate the conditions. I am breaking in a noob to backpacking by doing the Vernon Lake loop (yet again), and while I don't mind a bit of snow, I want it to be a good experience.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doyle W. Donehoo
Sierra Trails:
http://www.doylewdonehoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;