2009 Sierra Trek

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: 2009 Sierra Trek

Post by Cross Country »

I've got a pic for a really cool yin & yang for this, a kid just starting (his BP life) at this memorial. It's Mike (of course)). Comments please. Hard cores have to appreciate this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

Tough looking little kid! No shirt - bet you did this later in the season after mosquitoes were done with. Now I think a kid would think the "grave" a real cool thing.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

my opinion.. JTC's kid should have been on a different thread. Rogue is on his own path.
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

You gotta be kidding me. I'm sorry to say I know you're not.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

not kidding. cute kid and all, but a separate post for your kid's pic and a back story would be more appropriate. I like the tie-in to the memorial, but, It's really kind of high-jacking a thread.

Russ
Troutdog 59
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by Troutdog 59 »

That was quite a TR Rouge! Kudos to you on 39 days on the trail. Very cool!! I'll have to look for the Top Hat carving at Selden Creek. I plan on going through there this summer with my daughter. Also, those are some really nice pics. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with your adventure this year and be safe!!!
Once in a while you can get shown the light
In the strangest places if you look at it right.

The Grateful Dead
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

I'll have to look for the Top Hat carving at Selden Creek.
It's "Senger Creek". If your South bound it will be just before you reach the creek on the right side of the trail.

And as for the pic I don't mind it being posted in here. I couldn't help but think of all the sun screen your son needs!
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

To answer Wandering Daisy - you were absolutely right and perceptive in what you said about Mike. The season however, was before mosquitoes. It was June.