Hikin' Mike Update

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
mountaineer
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Hikin' Mike Update

Post by mountaineer »

I just talked to Mike on the phone. His spirits were good but he said it was because I happened to get him on a good day. In a few days, he goes to Stanford to get the full leg cast off. He will then be more mobile until June when he gets the second knee replaced. The reason he hasn't been posting is that the computer is in a sunken room and it is just too hard to get to it with his full leg cast. He isn't ignoring people and is sorry for not answering e-mails sooner.

Keep him in your prayers.
The Other Tom
Founding Member

Re: Hikin' Mike Update

Post by The Other Tom »

mountaineer wrote:I just talked to Mike on the phone. His spirits were good but he said it was because I happened to get him on a good day. In a few days, he goes to Stanford to get the full leg cast off. He will then be more mobile until June when he gets the second knee replaced. The reason he hasn't been posting is that the computer is in a sunken room and it is just too hard to get to it with his full leg cast. He isn't ignoring people and is sorry for not answering e-mails sooner.

Keep him in your prayers.
Thanks for the update. I'll certainly keep him in my prayers.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Thank you for the update Mountaineer.
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

Thanks Mountaineer! I was just thinking about Mike yesterday and had gone back thru the old posts 'cause I couldn't remember when the next surgery was scheduled.

Next time you talk to him, please let him know that he is missed on the board, and wish him well in his on-going recovery.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

Thanks Mountaineer... The place just isn't the same without our buddy Hikin' Mike!

Get well soon, Mike!
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Thanks mountaineer! He wasn't answering my e-mails so I was a little concerned. Glad he's ok.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shawn
Topix Fanatic

Post by Shawn »

I hope he returns soon and healthy.
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Howdy All!!

I've had a rough few months to say the least! About a month after my first surgery, I had some drainage that the doctors were concerned about, so they opened up the knee again to "clean things up". There was no infection, but to be safe, I've been on daily IV antibiodics. About a few weeks after that, I started bleeding and after a week of trying to stop it, they decided to put me in a full leg cast. I got the cast off last week and now only wear a leg brace. I had a few days of drainage after the cast was removed, but it's been 4 days and no problems. To add to that, two days ago I found out me and about 20 others at work no longer have a job due to a company buy-out.

This is the first day that I've felt up to walking down the hall and down a step to get to the computer. I hope to be on here more often now, but I can't promise anything.

Thanks everybody for your cards, phone calls and prayers!
copeg

Post by copeg »

Great to have you back Mike!
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

Welcome back, Mike!

Good grief...it's high time you catch a lucky break or two. Keep your head up, buddy!
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix