dmatt / Up the Down (Spring) Staircase

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
dmatt
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

dmatt / Up the Down (Spring) Staircase

Post by dmatt »

http://www.easternsierraforecast.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: dmatt / Up the Down (Spring) Staircase

Post by rlown »

hmm.. another foot of snow predicted at Mammoth.. Thanks for posting that..
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by oldranger »

For lack of anything we can do about the weather perhaps we should shoot the messenger! :evil:

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thanks a lot Dmatt, like we really need to hear about any more snow.
Good idea OR!
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

hmm.. indeed the sensors are showing more snow now. And Mav, the camera at tioga won't be back until after the road opens, and if the conservancy decides to fund the cam. Seems silly cuz they could just slap a cam onto the Tioga pass CDEC station (TES) and go that route.. oh well. Would have been fun to watch this year with the snow probably covering the entry station.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Yes I know it is supposed to be up when the road opens, but will it be this year
is the question, and for how long?
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Well.. I've been emailing the IT person in charge (Mary).. she's working on it.. When it's up, it's up.. It went down due to power and phone line probs, and then they did work in the shed where their PC was housed, and well the wood dust plugged the vents..

The TES station isn't any better. it was taken out early last season by a lightning strike.

I guess we get what we get.. Nice view though, when we can get it. I'm supposed to be up there and fishing July 21st, but i'm not so optimistic about ice out..