Finally gonna do the JMT highway this next summer!

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Finally gonna do the JMT highway this next summer!

Post by maverick »

Rrivera wrote "I'll be headed out starting on 8/20 so maybe we'll run into each other." This
post was originally started back in 2005.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
rrivera
Topix Acquainted

Post by rrivera »

:) oops guess I didn't see that
genreviam
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by genreviam »

Well, you may not see the original poster (unless he is REALLY slow!) but rrivera, our paths may cross!!
I also am starting from TM on 8/20. It would be nice to say hello!

And an open invitation to the group... I have a resupply at Charlotte Lake on 9/4 and the packer is fine with extra hikers as long as the total pack weight < 80 lbs total. I certainly don't need 80 lbs so would be fine with helping a fellow hiker get resupplied. There might be a small charge for the packer to pick up your resupply package but the cost of the drop is covered.

Happy hiking!!!
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

I never did the JMT. I was always too busy cross country. I always thought I'd do it when I got too old for cc. But after getting old enough to think it was time to do it I got stopped by 7 major surgeries. However the one that really stopped me was the heart beta blocker medicine I had to take after the by - pass surgery which was only the 2nd surgery. The other surgeries were just nails in the "coffin".