Taboose Pass TH logistics

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
TenderPaw
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Taboose Pass TH logistics

Post by TenderPaw »

I'm looking for any info on transportation or how much use does the Taboose Pass trail head get in mid-September?
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Re: Taboose Pass TH logistics

Post by oldranger »

Check out high sierra shuttle.

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by fishmonger »

or call Bob Ennis in Lone Pine - probably most efficient if you leave a car at Lone Pine or at Whitney Portal

http://www.mtwhitneyshuttle.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BrianF
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by BrianF »

I have parked there twice in mid Sept. Once mine was the only car and once there was one other car. But both times I was there midweek, might be more on the weekend. I once waited a couple of hours down at 395 hoping for a ride up to the trailhead after hitchhiking back from coming out at North lake; finally walked up the road to the trailhead. It was long hot walk. I wouldn't count on finding a ride.
The direction you are moving in is what matters, not the place you happen to be -Colin Fletcher