Nada Chair

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
Ozark Flip
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Nada Chair

Post by Ozark Flip »

While working a booth at the Sacramento ISE show I had some time to mill around and I learned about something I think would be very nice for backpacking. It is called Nada Chair. You can Google it, there is a website. From what I learned at the show, there are two sizes, medium and large. The large weighs 11oz and the medium 7oz. Tried them both on and I would say unless you are a very large person, the medium would be fine. I wonder if anyone has experience with this or if anyone knows of a similar product (the only dowonfall is the price....$70 for large...ouch). It doesn't look like much but you would be surprised at the support and back relief.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Nada Chair

Post by markskor »

FYI, Flip somehow snagged me a ticket (left at will-call - Thanks buddy) - to the Sacramento Expo Outdoorsman Show...he ran a booth there. Mostly it was pretty disappointing backpacking-wise, lots of fly fishing stuff - not much backpackable lightweight spinning, lots of lures though - snagged a few Thomas Buoyants....why? - who knows, and some Siwash hooks too...(No Z-Rays to be seen.)

Mostly saw a lot of guided packages: hunt Elk in Montana, 5 days Alaska - $5000, that sort of thing, but we did have time for a short wander about, a few laughs too (Really enjoy Flip's company) and saw this thing - NADA chair. Pretty nifty but also rather easy to make - sit x-legged and a strap goes over knees and supports back - actually pretty cool but at $70, have to think on it some. It did feel nice on the back though.
Mountainman who swims with trout