Permitted!

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Take-a-Hike
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Permitted!

Post by Take-a-Hike »

Hmmmmm.....guess I can add this to the reasons i don't fish.
Never thought about it, but was I out of line when I fished in Waterton Lakes NP (Canada) w/out a little colered tag?
My buddy, who always thinks I'm nuts for going to such places w/out a pole, lent me his high priced, 5 piece w/tube so I drug it up there much to chagrin of airlines, used it once, cause those cuts were popping up all over the place, caught one in about 3 minutes, unleashed it, threw it back, decided that was enough of that, thus, I don't fish....the "lure" just isn't there.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

Take-a-Hike wrote:the "lure" just isn't there.
then, why did you even post?
dave54
Founding Member

Post by dave54 »

The campfire permit is on line also. The Sequoia NF website hosts it. Answer a few no-brainer questions and print it out.

Who says this is not a good time of the year for hiking? Plenty of lower elevation trails just begging to be explored.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

markskor wrote:Thanks for the on-line link.
It was easy and thus just got my 2011 California license...~$43.00.

Mike writes: "I'm looking at instate fishing license for Oregon, Out of state licences for CA, WA, and AK. Donation for my license fund?"
Hate to think what Mike has to fork out, just to fish out of state.
Wondering though, what is to stop anyone from another state, just "borrowing" a friend's California address, and ...? Just wondering.

I do wish they would keep licenses the same size each year.
You can't "borrow" an address, because they want to see your driver's license or at least the CA DL number. If you don't have one, non-resident. I too wish they'd standardize, but what does that mean anyway.. standards change. When i got mine, they asked for hair color. I had to say grey instead of brown this year :( . They didn't have an option like N/A or balding.. sigh

Looked up AK's rates. not that bad unless you do anything beyond a 1/3/7/14 day license, but if you're after kings, there's a stamp as well. http://www.admin.adfg.state.ak.us/license/prices.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dare to dream..
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

As I just got my fishing license and abalone card from DFG, It was 5' long. A pretty blue color..

I found this on the CDFG Q&A news feed at http://californiaoutdoors.wordpress.com ... questions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Question: I just purchased my annual sport fishing license and the salmon and sturgeon report cards, and received almost 10 feet of documents! Why so long and how useable are all of these documents?

Answer: California fishing and hunting license sales are now processed through DFG’s new Automated License Data System (ALDS). Anglers and hunters can expect their annual fishing and hunting licenses to now be approximately six inches long. The new harvest/report cards run between 28 and 47 inches each in length. When a license with multiple harvest/report cards are purchased and printed together, the resulting document can extend over 10 feet.

In most cases, the new design is longer simply because the same instructions and regulations previously printed on the front and back of the old cards are now printed only on the front of the new ALDS harvest/report cards. The unavoidable result is the documents running longer. To reduce the length, trim off the instructions portion to store elsewhere.

Although additional harvest/report cards will make the printed document longer, please keep in mind:

Each document is unique and can be separated from each other. Thus, bring only the cards you intend to use during your activity.
The instructions and regulations portion of the harvest report card can be separated from the actual tag or report cards. For example, if you remove the instructions and regulations of an abalone card, it will reduce the length by 40 percent. (Anglers and hunters are still required to follow the instructions and rules whether separated from the tag or report card or not.)
The licenses and harvest report cards fold up to a very usable size – even the longest items will easily fold to wallet size.
In many cases, the folded ALDS license item is smaller than its previous counterpart issued under the manual paper license system. If you have an old license holder around, try folding and inserting your license and harvest/report cards into it, and you’ll likely find your new documents to be small in size and the license holder will protect your documents and keep them handy.
Still a pretty blue color.. :)