Any HST artists out there?

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Hetchy
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Any HST artists out there?

Post by Hetchy »

DUDE! WOW! :eek:
You are an awesomely talented artist.
I have seen folks out painting along the coast north of Santa Cruz and sometimes along the trail. I am always amazed at what a peaceful activity it is. I mean the artists themselves seem like they are part of the landscape.. they are just so into it.
Way cool bro! :D
You can make more money, but you can't make more time.
mokelumnekid
Topix Expert

Post by mokelumnekid »

Does glass blowing count? Here are a few samples of my work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by markskor »

Nice job M-Kid...impressive work!
Mountainman who swims with trout
PatrickQuin
Topix Regular

Post by PatrickQuin »

Wow guys great work! I too would suspect more HST'ers to be on a creative bent, there must be more of you out there right? I have to admit i see the simple acts of life such as gardening and cooking to be creative endeavors, we are all artists in some way i like to think...Don't you all "create" something?

I was compelled by photography for some time. Lately i like to construct functional items. Here are some greenware (unfired, unglazed) teapots i made... I always love them in this stage. And a bronze beer tap of the ol' Quin Dog i made for the homebrew i like to concoct.

...Ohh yeah, and lets not forget that pure sense of spirituality and art merging whilst casting dries to a calm lake above 10,000 feet...
markskor
Founding Member - RIP

Post by markskor »

From my sketchbook:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

I continue to be amazed by the talented bunch we have here. Nice work everyone!

Sorry Mark, wish I had something to contribute.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
mokelumnekid
Topix Expert

Post by mokelumnekid »

Wow your own home tap- system? I don't drink enough to go that route and the art work is wonderful. Where do you do the casting (the dog's head is cast right)? And what great art work everyone. Somewhat unfortunately for me, glass blowing requires a lot of energy/logistical overhead so I can't have a home studio, I have to rent time at one of Seattle's many hotshops. Plus it usually is a two-person process, point being that it requires a fair amount of scheduling and expense, in four hour rental slots. So while it should be a relaxing "hobby" it is actually a rather structured process just to get into the hot shop, and then highly focused and very intense when there.
PatrickQuin
Topix Regular

Post by PatrickQuin »

Yeah unfortunately the dog head is attached to the kegorator in the garage and hasn't poured much of anything for some time. I used to make alot more beer and have folks over to finish it off quick. It was always more fun to get your libation from the Quin head.... Sounds tough working on limited time, i'm far too much of a perfectionist/lag ass to work under those conditions. I'm lucky enough to work in an art department at a college, so i try my best to use the wealth of facilities available to me.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP

Post by markskor »

Just daydreaming here...and so it goes.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

very nice, Mark. Are you hinting at what is in store for us this season?