The 10-second timer run and pose self shot.

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
sierra_smitty
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by sierra_smitty »

Buck Forester wrote:Great shots!

This is a self-portrait looking the other direction, towards the last big lake under Forester Pass.
I haven't been over forester since I was 16 but the second I saw this picture my heart jumped.....one of the most amazing experiences of my life, the rebelious teenager(me) doing 85 miles with what has become my hero(my dad)...a truly life changing trip. Our pictures kinda stunk but yours are crystal clear..thanks for bringing the memory back, if only for a few short moments!
Last edited by sierra_smitty on Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
sierra_smitty
Founding Member

Post by sierra_smitty »

SSSdave...

I have yet to play around with the self timer on my cam....I think I better start! Cool stuff!

-smitty
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

SSSdave wrote: Trailblazer you might get yourself one of those tiny light Ultrapods which easily hold tiny compact digicams.
I've got one, just stopped carrying it because I so rarely used it. Now that I've got a SLR, I'll be carrying a lightweight tripod...

Nice pics everyone!
madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

What a beautiful tree..and how nice to see that green green grass below. I think that is a nice picture of you in that old tree, Thank you for sharing.

Beautiful pictures everyone....Cori is that you with the fun butterfly wings on?
I love all these pictures....Buck you really have a nice coppertone tan!, I loved Forester pass..I remember seeing a garden of beautiful Sky Pilots up there.

Thanks everyone for sharing :D
mr.kurt
Topix Acquainted

Post by mr.kurt »

Hey all, here's my attempt at a self-portrait.

-Kurt

mr.kurt
Topix Acquainted

Post by mr.kurt »

Hi everyone, I've been enjoying all the wonderful photography posted here on the site, and all the great information shared. Just thought I'd introduce myself and say, 'hello.'

-Kurt

Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Cool self portraits! Welcome to the board!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Buck Forester
Founding Member

Post by Buck Forester »

Helloooo Mr. Kurt! I can't see the image (but it may be from a source that's banned from my work, as most web photo storage sites are!), but I'm glad you found this place and welcome aboard!
mr.kurt
Topix Acquainted

Post by mr.kurt »

Yeah, I can't see them either. But they were there last night, I swear! I have them posted on photo.net, like a lot of others here. Did SnowNymph see them before they disappeared? I don't know what's going on. Talk about a lousy first impression, huh?

Here's the link to one of them, without the IMG tags:

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/4277810-lg.jpg

And one more try with the IMG tags.

Buck Forester
Founding Member

Post by Buck Forester »

Mr. Kurt, the link didn't work for me either, but it might be because unless you're a paying member of Photo.net, they recently turned off linking capabilities. I was able to see it though by copying the URL to Google and going in that way... nice silhouette shot! I'd like to see more pics, can you link to your main Photo.net page?