High Sierra Topix Snowcamp at Rock Creek

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

High Sierra Topix Snowcamp at Rock Creek

Post by Snow Nymph »

:D We had great weather, a fun group, and everyone had a good time (from all the laughter)! :D

Pics later . . . gotta get to work :retard: !

(((||)))
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Photos: http://community.webshots.com/album/549388672Npfese

Trip report is with the photos.

:D (((||)))
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

sierra_smitty
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by sierra_smitty »

Phenomenal!!!! You folks know how to have a good time....beautiful!
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

It looked like it was snowing up where you and Trekker went, while us guys were heading out. Thanks for the good company young lady and the invite. My face was burnt worst than it felt, my eyes have been puffy the last two days like I had been stung by a bee or something. Much better this afternoon.
Piece of cake.
ridgeline
Founding Member

Post by ridgeline »

Snowy, Trekker, Hikerduane, Trail Bud, Thanks for a great time with lots of laughs. Here are a few pics, kinda washed out, the good ones are in my head.
Ridgeline

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos? ... ity=iZZTOu
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Your pics are fine, ridgeline! I might have to borrow one of me on the snowboard.

I think ridgeline had the worst sunburn, but hikerduane was close! I missed a spot above my glasses so its burnt and swollen. My knees and neck got burnt too, but not too bad, just feel it in the shower. You would think as much as we get out, we would remember the sunscreen! #-o

We didn't get any snow up there, but the snow up higher got deep and heavy. After that nice ride you guys got on video, the second ride looked like a beginner tumbling head over heels! :retard: Yesterday I felt like I got run over by a truck, but today I feel pretty good.

I had a blast out there with you guys! Can't wait to do it again!

madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

What a beautiful trip it looks like you all shared together! What a different world it is there covered in snow..as much as I am sick of dealing with the snow..it is very beautiful there I do have to say....How many feet would you say is where you were camped at?
Your sunburn faces are cute I think :D ..but im sure hurt a little. Hikerduane your hotcakes look very very good..did you bring syrup and butter for them? I have thought about bringing pancakes to make on backpack trips because I get so tired of oatmeal for breakfast.

SN & Ridgeline very beautiful pictures! Glad you all had a fun a safe adventure :) Thanks for sharing it all here!
Skibum
Founding Member

Post by Skibum »

Cool!! :D Wish I could have made it.
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

madeintahoe, I usually bring some homegrown strawberry freezer jam if I have some. I forgot twice to bring some oil for the frying pan, so the pancakes stuck a little. I rarely bring butter for pancakes, more stuff to make a mess in the pack. I found a mix in the healthfood store, but that wasn't what I had on this trip I found out as it was some mix that was in a bag from early March when I missed a trip with some others into Lassen.

You should hook up with Sequoia on a trip. She was asking me if I wanted to go, I thought some of her friends might want to go.
Piece of cake.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Post by copeg »

Glad you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing the photos. Wish I could have joined you, but that drive would have drained me.