Northern Nevada Wildflowers & Fish

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
Bad Man From Bodie
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Northern Nevada Wildflowers & Fish

Post by Bad Man From Bodie »

I don’t think Ive posted beyond the Sierra before but wanted to share some photos from a recent trip to northern Nevada. I cant even hold a candle to some of the photographers frequenting this site, so the photos aren’t great, just wanted to share.

The mission was to drive north from Reno and spend a day or so fishing at Knott Creek Reservoir. The wildflowers were amazing and there were very few people.
I just love northern Nevada this time of year.
The fishing was great. We ended up with about 20 fish a piece. They ranged from 16 to 20'' although there are larger fish up to 24''. Below is a pic of a decent 18’’ tiger trout. Tiger trout are a unique cross between a brown and a brookie and display interesting characteristics of both.
Just another geologic feature in Nevada with some water and fish.
oldranger
Topix Addict

Re: Northern Nevada Wildflowers & Fish

Post by oldranger »

BMFB

Why did you do this to me! This is an easy day trip from Bend! I can't afford another out of state fishing license! Washington, California, and now, sometime in the future, Nevada. Do you ever fish the other reservoirs/lakes in the area?

A reluctant thanks for the post! :)

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
East Side Hiker
Topix Regular

Re: Northern Nevada Wildflowers & Fish

Post by East Side Hiker »

Wish I hadn't checked this "Beyond the Sierra" and wildflowers of N. Nevada. I didn't even realize there was an area outside the "Backpacking" area. Opens up too many line of thought considering the Sierra is too hard to get away from.

I love the wildflowers and mtns of all of Nevada. Sheldon Antelop Refuge, Toiyabe Range, Wassuck Range, Rubies, Spring Mtns... incredible country and habitat. Spent a lot of time in the Toiyabe - walked the whole length a couple times. Fremont said it was the second best place he saw (first was Sierra of course) after his first trip with Carson.