April Snow Camping - who's interested?

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

You all be carefull and have tons of fun!

BTW esavalanche has a picture of a huge natural release slide on McGee's east face on their home page...listed as class 4+!

I'm gonna try to head up to Glacier point this weekend if anyone on the west side is interested in a last minute trip :unibrow:
wingding

Post by wingding »

yes, be very careful - it looks like avalanche danger is pretty high right now. Scares me.
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

The trip was great! Great weather. It felt hot at times or was that the sunburn?:) Awesome people and funny too! Some wind Saturday but not bad. You guys missed out.

The avalanche by McGee Creek was cool. I was able to view it better going home today. It didn't look that high, but as I passed by it on 395 headed North this afternoon, I saw someone standing at the bottom and the snow looked to be 10 to 12 feet high where it stopped. Cool! Big chunks of snow too. I saw a Bald eagle in a field north of Bridgeport with a couple other large birds, juveniles? By the time I spotted them I didn't have time to get a long look.
Piece of cake.
ridgeline
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by ridgeline »

Great trip, HD, I don't know who is more sunburnt you or me. Fun weekend, took too much gear as usual, great weather, very safe conditions in the valley, no av's seen, while cutting into the snow saw only a four inch layer from the last snowfall. Nice meeting everyone.
Trail Bud
Topix Acquainted

Trip

Post by Trail Bud »

It was a great trip!! You meet the nicest people on the trail. I hope to be able to this more of the group trips in the future. You guys were alot of fun. I will try to get the pictures and video posted soon. ( I'm going out of town). My hilight was watching Ridgeline play human backhoe with his shovel for three hours clearing out tent sites.
Trekker
Topix Regular

Post by Trekker »

Great trip, great company!!! I used sunscreen, and I'm still burnt! I also think that in a past life Ridgeline was the foreman of a chain gang! :D Next time, hide the shovels!!!! :lol: Speaking of, Ridgelines call about the weather was right; overall great conditions, a little windy on and off, but our construction project took care of that! It was fun to finally see Snowy do her thing on the board! Hikerduane, Ridgeline and Trailbud, thanks for making it, and thanks for the laughs!
sierra_smitty
Founding Member

Post by sierra_smitty »

So where is the link to the report & pics boys & girls? :lol:
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

I started a new thread
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;