Granny does Ropers High Route III

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: Granny does Ropers High Route III

Post by gary c. »

Outstanding report and pictures. :thumbsup: I enjoyed reading all three very much.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
richlong8
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by richlong8 »

Outstanding trip report, and great pics. Thanks for sharing so much detail. It is not only good now, but will help get some of us thru the winter!
Ozark Flip
Topix Regular

Post by Ozark Flip »

So many reports to catch up on... I finally got around to reading all the installments of your report. Phenomenal! Thanks! I enjoy reading of the places I have been and those places I wish to go.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

Day 16 August 18 (3.6 miles, 4.1 hours, +980 feet). After the long previous day, we slept in and left at 9:00. I took a brief morning walk to Alsace Lake for a photo. As we left camp, I failed to look at my map and went down the gap north of Puppet Lake instead of the gap north of Alsace Lake. It worked out but was not the easiest way down. Footprints indicated other fools made the same mistake!
Great story!!

On the Sept 14th on the West side of Puppet lk, i met an older gentleman, walking the shoreline, absolutely cursing his map. He was doing your route, and cursing Roper with every breath.
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent

Post by Wandering Daisy »

bringing this forward.