Palisade Basin TR

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
snusmumriken
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Palisade Basin TR

Post by snusmumriken »

Greg, I think we ran into your group on the trail, working our way up the switchbacks towards Dusy Basin. We are two women who were doing the North lake to South Lake - in over Lamarck Col out Bishop pass - route.

We exchanged some trail stories and everybody in your group was very excited about your trip with one guy saying it was the most challenging backpacking he'd ever done, but he said it with a smile on his face, so I figured it had gotten hairy but all ended well.

Nice to meet you!
gregw822
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Palisade Basin TR

Post by gregw822 »

Oh yes, I remember talking to the two of you several times! I watched for you in Dusy Basin on Friday evening, but didn't see you. I was hoping to talk to you again. One of our guys was on his first backpacking trip ever. It was quite an initiation. He loved it. He would walk down the trail saying. "This is it! This is the real deal! This is amazing!" He's already talking about next summer. I'm from EUgene, OR, and only get in one Sierra trip every year, but I make sure it's a good one. It was a pleasure to meet you.