mY new high Sierra bag

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
D-man

mY new high Sierra bag

Post by D-man »

I was wondering if I threw it in the washing mahince if it would be damaged in any way. It doesn't have a tag on whether or not it can.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Re: mY new high Sierra bag

Post by oldranger »

D-man

you might try checking the company's website for instructions. I washed my son's marmot bag that had lost its loft after a couple of fire seasons and a lot of use before that. Used our front load washer with soap supposedly made for down and gentle cycle. Put in dryer with a tennis ball at low heat for about an hour, then another hour. Then a couple more hours at no heat until the down was all fluffed up. He's used it 10 nights since then and it seems good but temps have not been cold. But the bag seems like new condition with lots of loft.

mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Here you go D-man: http://www.sierradesigns.com/t-SleepingBagCare.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

maverick wrote:Here you go D-man: http://www.sierradesigns.com/t-SleepingBagCare.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Guys, D-Man looks to have been "removed" from the forum. He has no join date and no membership pointer if you mouse over his username on the right bar. Although a good topic, hmm..

Personally, I wash my down bag once a year, in my bathtub, with woolite. Then I put in the front load tumble dry after it's drained a LOT. No tennis ball. All on really low heat. I check it every 15 mins. If too hot, i go to no heat. It might go two years if it doesn't smell. I don't really like to wash bags too often. Early season trips with the heat, DEET, etc require an almost immediate wash.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

rlown wrote:
Guys, D-Man looks to have been "removed" from the forum. He has no join date and no membership pointer if you mouse over his username on the right bar. Although a good topic, hmm..
Nice observation. Yes, I believe copeg removed and banned the user for SPAM-related reasons.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Post by copeg »

ERIC wrote:Nice observation. Yes, I believe copeg removed and banned the user for SPAM-related reasons.
Yeah, D-man wasn't d'man, and in fact had a pretty obscene link in the signature. Since there were already replies I got rid of the user but kept the question.