April Snow Camping - who's interested?

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
ridgeline
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by ridgeline »

Image one more try.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

ridgeline wrote:The photo only shows on my computer?
No, the photo is stored on the Webshots server.

If Webshots is allowing this now, then there's apparently an error in their hotlink script, or user error in how they want you to post from their site because the images still aren't showing up. :dontknow
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
ridgeline
Founding Member

Post by ridgeline »

last try I swear.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

this is wierd! My pics don't show up on this thread, but it shows up on the funnel cloud thread. :angry:
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Randonnee
Founding Member

Post by Randonnee »

Hijacking the thread back to the original topic :unibrow:

I haven't done much exploring from the west side, so that could be interesting.

If an east side location is the preference, how about something in the Sonora Pass area (another area I don't know well.) It would be a little farther for those of us in the south but might be within the range of the northern folks. :)

When I lived in Reno I spent time on Carson Pass and it would be a great place for a gathering. However the distance from the south is a problem. It would be tempting :drool:
"The distinguishing mark of true adventures, is that it is often no fun at all while they are actually happening." ? Kim Stanley Robinson
Gak Icenberg
Topix Novice

Post by Gak Icenberg »

I could do sonora pass, coming from the north(Gardnerville). If time allows. A weekend in the later part of the month would probably be best for me. After where is figured out, we need to work on when, still don't we. :nod: ______________________________When someone screws up, yell at them---they'll love it!
Last edited by Gak Icenberg on Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

If you want, we could carpool. I work in Carson City during the week.
Piece of cake.
Gak Icenberg
Topix Novice

Post by Gak Icenberg »

hikerduane, carpooling sounds good. so we have a possible 2 driving down the east side from the north(if the east side ends up being the choice,that is. ) :eek:
when someone screws up, yell at them, they'll love it!
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

Good. We'll have to see when we go. How has the skiing been at Kirkwood? I haven't been on the snow with skis or a snowboard for about 3 years now. Any snowmobile hillclimbs slated?
Piece of cake.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Its 3 weeks away!

I think the farthest I can drive in one night from here would be Mammoth, then in the morning I could probably get as far north as Virginia Lakes or maybe Bridgeport. With all that driving, I probably won't be able to hike in very far, but it depends on what we do (skiing or backpacking). I would have to be back on the road Sunday by 6-7pm. I only have Sat/Sun to play. :(

The best for me would be between Lone Pine and Mammoth. Anyone want to pick a place?

I think Apr 8-9 was the date we picked for this?

Anyway, gotta go! Mammoth is calling!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;