Help me plan a 3 day backpacking trip

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
miked
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Help me plan a 3 day backpacking trip

Post by miked »

I did the gc of the tuolumne in late June last year and it was fine. No one in my group felt threatened by the water conditions I recall last year being a fairly wet year too, compared to the previous drought years
diesel
Topix Acquainted

Post by diesel »

Only 12 more days ! I've asked around on other forums and others also mentioned that register creek will likely be the biggest challenge. I'll definitely try to come up with solid backup plans by then.
balzaccom
Topix Addict

Post by balzaccom »

This year is VERY different from last year, with 150% of the snowpack, and rivers much higher. I wouldn't make any decisions about trips this year based on what happened last year.
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-R ... 0984884963
miked
Topix Acquainted

Post by miked »

you're right, balzacomm. After been reading about the conditions more closely these past few weeks, I am no longer comfortable making any comparisons to '09...whether you'll be able to do the gc hike in late june might still be a tossup though I bet any ranger at yosemite will certainly tell you to postpone it 2 weeks