Need a ride for 3 from Yosemite Valley to Tuolumne Meadows

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
bthouse
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Need a ride for 3 from Yosemite Valley to Tuolumne Meadows

Post by bthouse »

Gonna be in Yosemite on 6-23-10 sometime in the afternoon. Me my wife and a buddy are dropping off our car in Yosemite Valley and looking for a ride to Tuolumne Meadows. I'm trying to find us a ride to Tuolumne on our first day so we don't have to wait until the next morning for a shuttle. Willing to compensate for your generosity. Thanks.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Need a ride for 3 from Yosemite Valley to Tuolumne Meadows

Post by markskor »

Last summer, the afternoon Tuolumne bus left the Valley floor,
starting from out front of the Wilderness Center (or maybe it was the Lodge...whatever...ask)
at 5:00 PM - getting to Tuolumne before the store closed...
(still time to grab something.)
Cost was cheap ~$8.00 pp.
Mountainman who swims with trout
bthouse
Topix Novice

Post by bthouse »

Yeah. But I'm going to be there in late June. And the Tuolumne Hikers bus doesn't start service until July.
bthouse
Topix Novice

Post by bthouse »

Aww come on. There's gotta be SOMEBODY out there that can give us a ride. We'll pay you for your troubles. We're REALLY hoping' to get an extra 1/2 day head start on our hike. Anyone?
AlmostThere
Topix Addict

Post by AlmostThere »

YARTS will pick you up at the valley visitor center at 5 pm and get you to TM at 6:45 pm.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Here's the YARTS schedule for this year: http://www.yarts.com/schedule/2010/120hwy030310.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the problem is that it shows that in June, they only run weekends. bth wants to go mid-week.

You might consider looking at the Hikers bus again at: http://www.yosemitepark.com/Activities_ ... adows.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The schedule they show is from last year, and the price is steeper, but i point this out because they show daily starting in mid June, depending on road conditions. Either way, call them and see what their current year's schedule is.
bthouse
Topix Novice

Post by bthouse »

Yep. The issue is that I'm looking for an afternoon/evening ride up to Tuolumne. Yarts doesn't start their daily schedule until July. I'm lookin' for a ride on a Wed. in June. And the hiker's bus only has a 8:05am departure. The earliest I can expect to arrive in YV is around noon. I'm trying to avoid staying the night in YV just to wait for the hiker's bus in the morning.
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic

Post by fishmonger »

try hitch hiking - if you can get to the valley exit road that leads up there, you may have a chance.

unlikely that you'll find somebody on this board - it just doesn't get that many visitors.

I'll be in the area starting around 6/28, but won't even go into Yos. Valley, so I can't help you.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

you could just drive to TM in your rental, park there and plan to hitch back to your car when you're done? Adds another degree of freedom in your quest, depending on how tight your schedule is. It's never a bad drive to do twice.. :)