Grizzly Bear Defense System!

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Hetchy
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Grizzly Bear Defense System!

Post by Hetchy »

Thought I would share my Thru-Hiker Special Grizzly Bear Defense System.
Yes, When I hit the Divide I will be well prepared to defend myself from any possible threat by Man or Beast! :mad:
Take a good look at this photo.
On the Left is my Extremely dangerous minature Victoninox Classic Knife with it's .9 inch Razor Sharp blade, Deadly nail file, compound double action scissors, wicked toothpick and threatening tweezers. :eek:
My plan is to repel the charging Bruin with my blade.. failing that I shall file down his gnashing teeth and render them harmless! :D They hate that!
If that is not enough to intimidate Mr Griz then I have my Super Special Thru-Hiker Toothbrush with a Complete Handle for greater leverage.
It is a known fact that bears hate to brush their teeth and even the sight of a toothbrush unsheathed will send them scurrying with fear. :bear:
Yes... I shall walk boldly un-afraid. :nod:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You can make more money, but you can't make more time.
PCT1981
Topix Novice

Re: Grizzly Bear Defense System!

Post by PCT1981 »

I do not believe you will have any issues with the excellent choice of implements for the task at hand.
rayfound
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by rayfound »

I was going to say be careful and get some bear spray...but you know what? that device will probably do the trick!
AlmostThere
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by AlmostThere »

I'm impressed - I was expecting a spork. :thumbsup:
balzaccom
Topix Addict

Post by balzaccom »

Just don't try to take that on an airplane!
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-R ... 0984884963