I-84 Big Horn

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

I-84 Big Horn

Post by oldranger »

To bridge stints of grandpa "duty" I had drive I-84 between Portland and Boise. There is a 5 mile reach east of the John Day River where you have a chance of spotting Big Horn sheep.
bighorn.jpg
littlebighorn.jpg
I imagine thousands of people drove by without noticing but consider the alternative if everyone spied them!

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
Hetchy
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: I-84 Big Horn

Post by Hetchy »

NICE1 I am so jealous. I never did see a Big Horn Sheep in real life. I hope to change that very soon.
You are so right about folks noticing wildlife being a double edged sword. Here in California folks point cameras mostly.. I found out in Washington they point other things that go BOOM! :snipe:
"Y'all PCH hikers seen any Bear?" "Nope, ain't seen a bear in 1500 miles pal." :bear:
You can make more money, but you can't make more time.