Any trips this weekend?

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
ridgeline
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Any trips this weekend?

Post by ridgeline »

Thinking about heading up Sat AM, with skis, shoes, etc. Taking off Mon so I can do something on Sun. Anyone with plans? can meet up and figure it out on site, LLV, or out of Big Pine, Glacier lodge area, or whatever.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Missed this one. We were in Mammoth. Where did you end up going?

We'll be in Mammoth again this weekend.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ridgeline
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by ridgeline »

I left late sat around noon heading for Rock Creek, the road from Toms was one car width, no turning room and about a foot of snow and ice. With 2 wheel drive I did not want to attempt it so I ate at Toms and slept along the old road. At around 4am I drove back to Bishop ,ate and returned to Rock Creek rd. put the skis on and spent just short of 4 hrs getting about six miles when the snow plow came up the road. Mike from the hospital gave me a ride down to Toms and I drove back up and ski'd up to the Resort and attempted some surrounding small slopes pretty wet stuff, great run down the road though. All day uphill for one run back, cant beat it.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Work for your turns! :D
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;