Shuttle from Bishop (Red's Meadows)2 Tuolumne Meadows (Yosem

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
AlmostThere
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Shuttle from Bishop (Red's Meadows)2 Tuolumne Meadows (Yosem

Post by AlmostThere »

BSquared wrote:
AlmostThere wrote:The shuttle between Reds/Agnew and Mammoth Ski Resort is seven dollars per person.
Hmmm... I'm pretty sure we didn't pay anything. Could it be that you only pay when starting in Mammoth, and when you pick up the shuttle in Red's they assume you've already paid? Gosh, I hope we don't owe somebody fourteen bucks!
Since we got on the bus at Agnew and rode to Mammoth, I assume it's standard fare. Also, the website says so.

http://www.nps.gov/depo/planyourvisit/f ... ations.htm
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »

I'll just assume my hiking buddy paid. :o
—B²
laurielee

Post by laurielee »

tomorrow i will start hiking i take high sierra bag
AlmostThere
Topix Addict

Post by AlmostThere »

laurielee wrote:tomorrow i will start hiking i take high sierra bag
You mean snowshoeing? :-k
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

AlmostThere wrote:
laurielee wrote:tomorrow i will start hiking i take high sierra bag
You mean snowshoeing? :-k
She/he/it really means "I am just here to post nonsense, and then later I will fool all of you by placing a SPAM link in my profile signature."

Not fooled. Deleted this account and two alias accounts, and banned both email addresses and IP address.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
The Other Tom
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by The Other Tom »

ERIC wrote: She/he/it really means "I am just here to post nonsense, and then later I will fool all of you by placing a SPAM link in my profile signature."

Not fooled. Deleted this account and two alias accounts, and banned both email addresses and IP address.
=D> =D>
gg-man
Topix Newbie

another option...

Post by gg-man »

I posted a request on Craigslist for transport from Fresno airport to Roads End in King's Canyon which is over 80 miles of mountain roads. I received multiple offers for $100 and ended up getting a great ride for a total of $120. ($20 tip) Can't imagine anyone making any money off that trip but it wasd 100% hassle-free. Another option.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Re: another option...

Post by gary c. »

gg-man wrote:I posted a request on Craigslist for transport from Fresno airport to Roads End in King's Canyon which is over 80 miles of mountain roads. I received multiple offers for $100 and ended up getting a great ride for a total of $120. ($20 tip) Can't imagine anyone making any money off that trip but it wasd 100% hassle-free. Another option.
I think that is a great idea. It seems to me that if there is anyone in a particular area that just likes to visit the Sierras thay would enjoy the chance to do it. I know that if I were in close proximity and someone offered to pay for the gas and buy luch/dinner I'd do it.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »

If anybody needs a ride from the Burlington (VT) airport to any of a about a dozen Green Mountain trailheads, just let me know! :p You pay for lunch and gas....
—B²
Highsierrashuttle
Topix Novice

Post by Highsierrashuttle »

Hey replying to the person looking for a shuttle to Yosemite. We are highsierrashuttle.com we do this service and have for the past 8 years. We charge from Whitney to Tulomne meadows we charge $225.00 per carload and $325.00 we can carry up to 4. Please check us out on the web and feel free to call us with any questions.
Hope this helps

highsierrashuttle.com